Friday, June 01, 2012

G. K. "Fills In" for Me Today

As I write, I'm off to bed in a few minutes with an early call tomorrow. My Church (St. Matthew's in Newport Beach, CA) is hosting a Synod Meeting and I'll be there all day and evening. So, I'll be Blog MIA today. But I'm posting one of my very favorite quotes from the eminently quotable G.K. Chesterton.

This little gem is also on my personal "Rules of the Road" list.
See my 5/26 post "The Right Thing Usually Happens the Wrong Way".

"The artistic temperament is a disease that afflicts amateurs." -- G. K. Chesterton

1 comment:

David C. Maguire said...

This is similar to one of my favorite quotes. I have no idea who said it first, but I've used it 100 times in my former life as a magazine editor as well as at songwriting seminars:

" 'Writer's block' is an excuse amateurs use to avoid writing."